Green Shoots Plus Funding is a business grant available to existing West Midlands businesses whereby it aims to help such small to medium sized enterprises (SMEs) with the required capital equipment and project purchases.
As with all business grants, there is a requirement to meet certain criteria in the first instance; Firstly, Green Shoots Plus Funding is only available for those existing businesses who have been trading for a minimum of 18 months and who operate within the any of the areas detailed below. Secondly, the ultimate aim which the Green Shoots Plus Funding wishes to provide is the creation of new jobs as well as the promotion of business growth within the West Midlands region which includes the Black Country:
- Telford and Wrekin
- South Staffordshire
Green Shoots Plus Funding details
The value of the business grant which can be accessed via the Green Shoots Plus Funding is between £10,000 and £150,000 which will range between 10% and 30% of the total project cost, much of which will be dependent on the business grant application as well as the strength of the project in question.
Further defined eligibility criteria is:
- The business seeking the Green Shoots Plus Funding business grant must be an SME operating in either Dudley, Herefordshire, Sandwell, Shropshire, South Staffordshire, Stafford, Telford and Wrekin, Walsall or Wolverhampton.
- Will have been declined by your bank for the required funding.
- Will not work in the Retail and Agriculture sectors.
- Will not have received more than 200,000 Euros (approx. £175,000) in public funding over the last three years.
- Will have been operating for at least 18 months. Those businesses who may apply and who may fall outside of this scope might be still be considered on a case by case basis.
- Will be proposing to carry out a capital project, which can be completed by January 2017